Vimmy may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above, and in some cases we may provide you with additional notice.
How We Collect Your Data
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Site. For example, we collect information you provide to us when you register for a client account, use the interactive areas and features of our Site, apply for a job, and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us.
Specific information we collect: name, email address, phone number, billing address, social security number, tax identification number, credit card information, bank account information, PayPal email address, and other contact or demographic information you choose to provide.
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected, including:
- Log information: such as your operating system, IP address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Site.
We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
Vimmy does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. The Vimmy’s Websites and Products are not offered to individuals under the age of 16. You should not use the Websites and the Products in you are below 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through our Websites or Products. If you are under 16 and want to use our Websites and Products please contacts us to settle this matter individually.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
This information may be used by Vimmy to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand your activity on our Site.
How We Use Your Data
We use information collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you in connection with our Site. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Carry out our advertising services and related operations;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site or services;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions;
- Provide and deliver your products and services and to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Vimmy and our selected partners; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Vimmy is based in the Netherlands and the information we collect is governed by Nether law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the worldwide processing and transfer of information in and to the Netherlands and other countries.
How We Share Your Data
We may share the information collected through our Site with third parties as follows:
- With third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work on our behalf or with us to provide the Site, and need access to your information to carry out their work;
- With third parties that perform specific services on our behalf and may use your information in connection with the provision of such services for other companies;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, fraudulent, or to otherwise protect the rights, property and safety of Vimmy or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Vimmy assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent, such as if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide us with information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We bear full liability for transfers of your data to our third party agents.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your data in response to valid requests by public authorities or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Security and Integrity of Your Data
Vimmy takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the information we collect through our Site in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards such as SSL, to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security you can contact us at [email protected].
How Long Will We Store Your Data
Your personal data will be stored while your relationship with Vimmy is ongoing and once said relationship is terminated for whatever cause, unless you oppose to it. Once the relationship is terminated, your data will be processed solely to the effects of demonstrating compliance with the legal or contractual obligations of the Vimmy B.V.
Data Subjects’ Rights
As a data subject you have the following rights:
- Right to access allows you to request the if its data is processed, to request the data itself and information related to purpose, data categories, recipients (or categories) including their countries, storage period or criteria to determine the storage, existence of right to rectification/erasure/restriction/objection, the right to lodge a complaint to supervisory authorities, data source, existence of profiling including logic and consequences, safeguards of transfer to third countries.
- Right to rectification is the right to correct incorrect data and the right to complete incomplete data.
- Right to erasure (to be forgotten) means that the data subject may request erasure if the data is:
- no longer needed for the purposes of processing,
- consent is withdrawn and no other grounds apply
- data subject object processing
- processing was unlawful
- the data is related to a child and was processed in the context of offering a service directly to a child
- Right to erasure does not apply if the processing is required for defense against legal claims and exercising of legal obligations.
- Right to restriction means that processing shall be restricted if:
- the user claims that the data is inaccurate and controller needs to verify if it’s really inaccurate
- processing is unlawful but the data subject want it to be restricted rather than erased
- processing is no longer required for its purposes but the data subject requires it for legal defense
- processing is under objection but the controller need to verify if objection is not overridden by legitimate interest of controller.
- When restriction is applied the data may be only stored except for processing under user’s consent or for legal defense.
- Right to notification means that the controller shall communicate the request to erasure/rectification/restriction to each recipient unless it proves that it will take disproportionate effort. The controller shall inform the user about those recipients by request.
- Right to data portability means that data subject may request the controller to provide collected data in structured and readable form if the processing is based on consent or for the purpose of contract performance/conclusion.
- Right to object means that the data subject based on its personal circumstances may override legitimate interests of the controller which are the basis for processing. This right shall be communicated at the time of first communication with the user separately from other information.
- The data subject has the right not to be subject to profiling which significantly affects him or her.
- The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint to supervisory authorities at any time.
Correction or Removal
If you would like to request your information to be removed from our database, please contact us. The Vimmy acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. The Vimmy collects information on behalf of our Users as a joint controller, and has no direct relationship with the individuals with whom our Users may interact using the Products. If you are an End User and would no longer like your data to be processed in the current manner, please contact the User that you interact with directly. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data or apply with other request should direct his query to the User. If technically possible, the Vimmy may provide you with the details of such User and assist in your request provided directly to the Vimmy.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Access to Your Information and Your Choices Regarding Our Site
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Vimmy by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. If you have created an account with Vimmy as a client, you may log into your Vimmy account and update your information in the Account Settings section.
If you are EU individual, you have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from us rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning you or to object to such processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from you, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
Where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, you shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
We shall provide a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. For any further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. Where you make the request by electronic means, and unless otherwise requested by you, the information shall be provided in a commonly used electronic form.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
For cookies on Vimmy controlled or operated websites:
|Type of Cookie
|Analytics (3rd party)
|Google Analytics (click here to opt out)
Google AdWords Conversion
|These cookies help us understand how our site performs and how effective our marketing is.
The following cookies are Vimmy cookies within our ad products.
|This cookie has a randomly generated unique ID and is used for ad serving, ad measurement, and payment for ads.
|This cookie is set when a user chooses to opt-out of interest-based ads.
You can choose to accept or reject cookies through your browser settings. Some browsers even allow you to choose which sites you would like to accept cookies from. If you would like more information on how to manage cookies, visit online resources, such as:
Enforcement and Contact
We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information provided and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of information.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us by email at [email protected], or by mail at the address below.