In this article, I want to tell you about creating a working strategy for a TOP and profitable niche – traffic affiliate marketing .
Any business needs a strategy. Wherever you work, it all starts with planning, and so does traffic affiliate marketing. Developing a traffic strategy and applying it – an important part of success.
Without a strategy, you can test too many Creatives or, on the contrary, too little and not get any results. It is important to decide in advance how many offers and how long you will test them, what budget, what your actions will be after receiving these test results/data, and so on.
You can rely on luck and wait for random bursts of profit. Or you can think over a strategy to increase the chances of profitable campaigns to the maximum.
What will it take?
Both teams and solo affiliate marketer have their own strategies.
I will reveal one of the most effective approaches when working with push traffic.
The workflow of companies using push traffic is divided into 3 stages:
- Analysis and optimization.
The “life cycle” of your offer must go through all three stages.
At each stage, you should describe a step-by-step algorithm of actions. This is necessary to understand the work, purposefulness of actions, and also so that any of your colleagues or employees could use the algorithm as an instruction and work successfully with it.
Yes, working in affiliate marketing is like a conveyor belt. Therefore, automation and algorithms are the path to success!
And now, an immediate list of questions to which you should have written answers:
- Where do we get the offer from?
- What is the budget for the test?
- How many offers can we afford to test daily and weekly?
- How many Creatives are we testing in each phase?
- In what networks do we test?
- What is the user activity?
- Betting strategy. Do we get the most expensive traffic or the average bid? Trying to collect something at the lowest cost per click?
2. Analysis and optimization
- Is there enough data collected for correct conclusions?
- Have all the links that can be optimized been analyzed (OS version, language, sites, placements, subscription age, ISP, cities and regions, browsers, days and hours).
- According to the test results, are there traffic layers with a positive ROI that can be scaled?
- Was there a traffic source which burned the main part of the test budget?(e.g. poured a lot of cheap and ineffective clicks).
- What was the competition during testing?
- In which networks to scale?
- Do you get more clicks and conversions when the bid increases?
- Is all user activity in terms of subscription freshness needed for scaling?
- Are we trying to get an increased payout in the CPA grid?
- Have we cut off all unnecessary targeting? Do we buy what we don’t need?
- What place do we occupy in the auction?
You should have answers to all these questions.
All variables that you can influence must be under control. You need to understand how changes in each of them affect the picture as a whole.
Remember to keep a history of campaign changes in the tracker (on Vimmy, all trackers have the ability to add comments).
Successful traffic affiliate marketing requires a systematic approach.
Pay attention and time to strategy, whether you work alone or as a team. Do your campaigns in stages and thoughtfully, then the profit will not keep you waiting.
Good luck and productive work.